Friday, March 12, 2010

Its Time We "Met"

I always feel guilty when it takes me this long between posts. So, sorry! I've been quite busy and I am coming to accept the notion that I probably won't be sleeping much during the week. Nine classes is a handful but things are going well. Even though school is busy, I have managed to do more around the city than I did last semester, including visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Met is an impressive, eclectic mix of history and art. It is a great reminder that art is something that transcends ages, so it must be important. Below are a couple of pieces from the museum that I found especially beautiful. The first is a collage of a neighborhood in Brooklyn by Romare Bearden. The other is a collection called "Damaged Bones" by Michael Aschenbrenner.  It consists of a collection of glass bones bound in interesting ways, a sculptural metaphor for casualties of war. 









On the way to the museum I was stopped in my tracks when I saw these very tired little puppies. I miss my animals so much.  





Maybe thats why I turned to animals for inspiration for my Lookbook Project for my Collections class. The assignment was to create a mass-market collection for a luxury designer. I chose to present my take on Givenchy for Urban Outfitters. These pages were printed and bound in a book and I am very happy with the outcome. This book, my portfolio and a Valentino-inspired collection will be on display in the FIT AAS Exhibition on April 30-May 4. Please come!






















































3 comments:

  1. DANG girl! you're so good! those puppies are heartwrenchingly cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketches!

    The Hunter Pant is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the zebra silk blouse is my fave...i am still so impressed by your rendering skillz. you dope fly

    ReplyDelete