Friday, October 15, 2010

Firenze=Florence

When they said we were headed to Florence in the region of Tuscany, I pictured rural areas with vineyards, like in the film, "Under the Tuscan Sun." We drove past an area like that... but we never stopped. 





The city of Florence is beautiful and rich with architecture, like the Duomo, adorned with sculptures, like Michelangelo's David, and bustling with crowds of tourists.
































Seconda me, la foto sotto e perfetto. (In my opinion, the photo below is perfection.)






I had dinner with Bree and Phon one night and since they are adventurous eaters, they ordered the lard and honey appetizer and tripe. I tried both and liked neither. I was happy with my prociutto and melon and the cheese plate.




The lard was not the consistency we expected. It was like a thin slice of meat, most likely shaved fat. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment