Saturday, April 25, 2009

I Heart Art

Friday night was a blast! Not only did I get to hang out with my females, but I also got to see the upward evolution of Craig's space at The Emerald in the West Bottoms. Craig (my boyfriend) is part owner of a boutique gallery, Collective Kansas City, that is in its beginning stages. The raw space has a very industrial warehouse feel, like many of the spaces in the West Bottoms. To begin making money without any start-up capital, they began throwing a party called BOTNET every Saturday night that became an instant success with all the hipsters. Now the space is evolving into what it was conceptualized to become, an art space. Four KCAI students held their senior show in the space. They were allowed to completely transform the space and it really set the bar for art shows in Kansas City. The hard opening will be on First Friday in May and I'm sure it will be even more amazing. My photos do not do the space justice, but you can catch a glimmer of the vibe. At least I photographed my ladies well.






BTW, Rum+Fanta=Rumanta which equals delicious fun!

1 comment: